Hey! I'm Morgan and this is my blog for my E-marketing class, enjoy your read! Namaste.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ooodles of Noodles

Also discussed in class today was the Old Spaghetti Factory's 40th Anniversary. In celebration, the restaurant served their 1970 menu at their 1970 prices. The most popular meal was probably the $1.75 plate of Spaghetti and Tomato Sauce, and apparently there was a line-up of over 200 people outside the original Gastown location. I couldn't find any information on whether this event was tweeted, but the restaurant maybe would have benefitted more if it was to create an even greater buzz. Here is a link to the original menu too! It's neat to learn about the history of local companies and Vancouver itself.
On Sunday I learned about the legend of Samuel Greer who challenged the CP Railway when they tried to build the railway through his property on Kits Beach in the mid 1880's. Greer became a hero at the time, although he eventually lost his land, and Kits Beach was originally called Greer Beach. Samuel Greer's story is mounted on the wall in which I work at in Kits. I was thinking of how this recognition for a historic local hero in the restaurant sets a tone for the restaurant and the community and buzz it creates just like that of the Old Spaghetti Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment